Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wild Blue Blueberry Lager


Brewer's Notes: "Wild Blue  is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature's perfect fruit - blueberries - with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8 percent alcohol by volume (ABV)."

Overall Impression
I was really excited about this beer. I picked it up on a whim while going for a quick grocery run after work; after a hard day's work, I figured I deserved a little reward.  This lager has a whopping 8% ABV, which was one of the main things that attracted me to it. Not only that... it won the the North American Brewer's Association Gold Medal.  I love trying new things, so I'll admit my bias - I really wanted to like this beer. And I did. The color really mesmerized me, and with the ABV to boot, I was one happy camper.  Beer enthusiasts, beware: this doesn't really taste like beer.  But its still worth a try :)

Alcohol by Volume: 8%

Color
Deep, beautiful purple (almost like a dark red wine).  The foam is a purple/pink.  I have never seen such a pretty beer ;)

Aroma
Somewhat blueberry, kind of sharp.

Flavor
Fruity; I tasted blueberry, maybe even strawberry. Slightly syrupy.  It has a very 'rich' flavor to it, and although it is very dark in color, it is easily drinkable for even those who don't like beer that much. The carbonation sits well on the tongue, and it isn't overly sweet by any means. I would say that this doesn't taste like any other beer I've ever tried, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on the drinker.  It could pass off as a mixed drink, but for me this isn't a bad thing.  If you're a big beer enthusiast, you might not like this one.  If you're just in it to enjoy and try something new, give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment