Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber Seasonal Collection




Brewer's Notes: "Our Valencia Grove Amber is crafted with roasted malts, Valencia orange peel, and a touch of wheat for an uplifting orange, caramel aroma.  It's the perfect inspiration for taking advantage of the season."

Overall Impression
My friend and I really enjoyed this beer. Like the Sunshine Citrus Blonde, it wasn't as... 'powerful' as we had expected / hoped, but we definitely preferred this over the former.  It had more of the citrus feel to it, and I don't know if it's just because red is my favorite color, but I love me an amber.  This was a good, easy to drink beer that pretty much anyone would like.  However, it should be noted that between an entire box of this and a box of varietals, I would choose the variety (which I did because I'm brilliant ;] ).

Alcohol by Volume: 5.9%

Color
Darker, almost amber in color with an orange tinge.  Slight carbonation, but mostly clear. VERY little foam.

Aroma
Citrusy, maybe even a little lemony. Kind of sweet, but not overpowering by any means.

Flavor
Very smooth, with a light citrusy finish.  Slight carbonation hits the tongue, but it's an easy and tasty drink. The more you drink it, the more it tastes like a typical amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment