Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blue Moon Sunshine Citrus Blonde Limited Release


Brewer's Notes: "Our wheat ale is the perfect way to celebrate the season.  A blonde-colored ale brewed with orange and lemon peel for a smooth and refreshing beer with a crisp citrus finish.  It goes great with those first warm patio days of spring."

Overall Impression
Although this beer was tasty, I must say it didn't live up to expectations.  If a beer has "citrus" in the name, bygolly, I expect to taste me some damn citrus! Okay sorry, I don't know where that redneck came from (maybe 2 beers + a glass of wine), but really now... both my friend and I agreed that it was a rather plain tasting beer. Now don't get me wrong, we would drink an entire 6 pack of this and be happy. It just didn't meet expectations.  Bottom line - I wouldn't go searching for this one, but I wouldn't turn it down either.

Alcohol by Volume: 5.4%

Color
Almost like apple cider, a deep golden orangey color.  One of our glasses had lots of carbonation, the other not so much (weird? yeah, we know).  Clear. Not a lot of foam.

Aroma
Slightly citrusey, but not to sound overly simple this kind of just smells like plain old beer.

Flavor
Almost like Shock Top, except with a slightly smoother yet crisp taste.  I'm not getting a lot of orange or lemon flavors, its more simple than that.  Its tastey, but not unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment