Saturday, March 9, 2013

Flying Heart California Red Wine (2011)




Winemaker's Description: "Go where your heart takes you... Listen to your feelings and trust them. Let them guide you through life and its choices.  You might just find what you are looking for!"

Overall Impression
This is a lot sweeter than expected, almost on the level of a moscato.  Unlike most red table wines, I would not recommend this with dinner; this would be a perfect pairing with a semi-sweet dessert, like cheesecake.  This is not a traditional red wine, and I can see people who don't like reds that much enjoying this.  This was a cheap bottle of wine, and it was very enjoyable.  Plus its from Napa, fancy huh? ;) And I really like the winemaker's notes.  I would highly recommend this for a ladies night! Find it at Trader Joe's :)

Alcohol by Volume: 12.5%

Color
Deep, dark purple. Almost black.

Aroma
Floral, almost like roses. Fruity, and I want to say like a ripe plum. Very pleasant. Maybe blackberries?

Viscosity
Thin legs.

Flavor
Surprisingly sweet. I was expecting this to be a heavier red, but it is light. I would almost compare this to a moscato.  Somewhat tart, very easy to drink if you don't mind the sweetness. I wouldn't recommend this with dinner, but I can picture myself drinking this with cheesecake and raspberries.

2 comments:

  1. Loking for this my mom got marred with it and trying to get it now so if you can help me with my search on where i can it whould be great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loking for this my mom got marred with it and trying to get it now so if you can help me with my search on where i can it whould be great

    ReplyDelete