Friday, March 29, 2013

Black Market Brewing Company, Temecula CA


I have a friend who lives in Temecula, and she told me that a bunch of lovely breweries had popped up in the area.  One night when we had nothing to do, I convinced my friend to come with me to check one of these places out and we were not disappointed.  This particular brewery was open til 9pm, but you need to know where you're going before you ever set out to find it.  It is located in an industrial district and has no lights or signs pointing to it; there is only the faint dim light coming from the tinted windows.  Know the address before you come!

This was a lovely little brewing company with one small tasting bar and a bunch of picnic tables scattered about.  Their selections were written up on chalk boards, and the prices were decent.  Every single person we met that night was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, even about wine.  We got some great tips on places to go, along with some 2 for 1s!  A lot of the pourers from local wineries came here to unwind after their day.

We also had the luck of getting some free pizza since it was already made and the customers had only ordered half.  It was homemade and tasty with lots of toppings.


If you like a beer here, I would highly recommend getting a 32 oz. growler for only $8!  Most tastes are about $2 each, and they're good sized.

Quadrophenia

  • Color - nice carbonation; clear and coppery.  Dark.
  • Aroma - crisp.
  • Taste - sweet and caramelly, almost candied.
  • ABV - 11%
  • Overall - It was definitely sweet, but just okay.  Only a sipping beer, and I probably wouldn't order again.  
Quadrophenia Barrel-Aged
  • Color - not clear, thick and brown.
  • Aroma - raisiny and sickeningly sweet.
  • Taste - raisiny and dark, almost bitter.
  • ABV - 11%
  • Overall - too powerfully sweet and syrupy.  Only worth the ABV.
Eighty
  • Color - dark and clear with copper tinges.
  • Aroma - crisp and light.
  • Taste - light and refreshing, easy drink; semi-dark, flavors of caramel
  • ABV - 5%
  • Overall - Very good and easy drink.  Refreshing with pleasant carbonation.  I got plenty of recommendations for this from the friendly customers around me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your post about you and your friend's wine testing at a winery place which is easily found and you got that place have test of wines that place. However I also had Temecula but never know about this place. I’m future I will try to testing the wines of that place. Last time I had that place with a interesting personality guide as Mr. moss whom I get by moses-tours.com site.

    ReplyDelete