Thursday, March 7, 2013

Third Shift Amber Lager




Brewer's Notes: "Gold Medal Winning Beer brewed by a band of brewers whose passion for brewing doesn't stop when the day shift is over."

Overall Impression
I bought this beer because I saw it on sale (a little less than $1 each!), and I liked their notes about a "third shift" since I feel like I work 4 different jobs.  I would say that this doesn't have anything all too characteristic about it, however; I could see myself drinking (*coughdowningcough*) this at a party with no problem.  I probably wouldn't buy this beer again unless it was on sale.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. And I was a little disappointed because I expected it to be more amber than it was.

Alcohol by Volume: 5.3%

Color
Golden and clear with lots of carbonation when agitated. Foam sticks to the glass, up to 3 fingers.

Aroma
Almost citrusy, but very light and bready. My friend describes it as smelling like a freshly baked ham! ha

Flavor
This has a very light flavor, very unlike any other amber I've tried.  This is definitely more lager.  My friend describes it as a watered down lager, with not much mouth feel.  It washes down very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment