Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blue Moon Belgian White




Brewer's Notes: "Brewed with white wheat and oats, Blue Moon features a crisp wheat finish and the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.  Bring out Blue Moon's natural spices by serving it in a Pilsner glass with an orange-slice garnish."

Overall Impression
I really enjoy Blue Moon.  Generally speaking, my friends and I always choose Blue Moon or Shock Top when we go out.  These brewers know what they're doing.  This beer has a very pleasant smell to it, and has a very smooth finish that makes it an enjoyable drink.  I would highly recommend this beer to anyone, and its so popular I'm pretty sure you can find it everywhere!

Alcohol by Volume: 5.4%

Color
A golden honey color with orange tinge.  Not clear, not much foam.

Aroma
I smelled orange, honey, maybe lemon.  A faint sweetness, very attractive. Crisp.

Flavor
In a word: tasty.  Not a lot of carbonation hits the tongue, no bitterness.  This is definitely a beginner's beer, I remember it probably being the first one I ever tried or liked.  It has a very light flavor to it, and if I had an orange slice (as the brewer suggests) I think it'd taste even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment