Friday, March 8, 2013

County Line Rye Pale Ale



Brewer's Notes: "Rye has bee a staple grain for millenia - sought after for its stubborn resilience in the field and revered for its unique flavor.  Ruthless Rye IPA is brewed with rustic grains for refined flavors - combining the peppery spice of rye and the bright citrusy flavors of whole-cone hops to create a complex ale for the tumultuous transition to Spring."

Overall Impression
This was a bit too hoppy and intense for me.  20 minutes after I finished it, I can still feel the bitterness on my tongue.  Perhaps if you're a big fan of hops, this is for you, but I would not recommend this for the average beer drinker.  However, I like that they're a smaller company, and their website shows that they have a bunch of other types that might better suit my taste. I haven't given up :)

Alcohol by Volume: 6%

Color
Not completely clear, hidden carbonation.  Orangey, reminds me of a Shock Top. Thin head, but sticks to the glass up to 4 fingers. Honey, yet slightly amber.

Aroma
Sweet and hoppy, but not overpowering. Crisp, with a hint of rye.

Flavor
Surprisingly hoppy for the color. Lingers on the tongue, clean finish.  Very strong hop forward.  Slightly bitter due to the hops, its heavier than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment