Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat



Brewer's Notes: "Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, small-batch hybrid of unfiltered Belgian wheat beer brewed with natural honeycrisp cider to produce a brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. We invite you to enjoy this special limited edition brew with friends."

Overall Impression
To be honest, I expected a little more of this beer. I think Shock Top was the first beer I actually enjoyed, and so I always look forward to trying a variant.  Back in December, I tried their End of the World edition - I wish this blog had existed back then! Anyways, I kind of wish this beer tasted more like apples.  I like it, and I'm definitely going to finish off all of the bottles.  The smell is absolutely amazing - I wish it tasted as amazing as it smelled! I enjoy this beer, and it goes down real easy.  I just think they should've added a little more of an apple cider taste.  Regardless, this is worth trying, especially if you're a Shock Top fan! Its always fun to try something new, and its only around for a limited time!

Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%

Color
The color of cider, kind of orange.  It isn't clear, its more foggy with not a lot of carbonation. Not a lot of foam and when agitated, it runs quickly back down the glass.

Aroma
Smells exactly like apple cider! Absolutely delicious smelling. Very crisp and refreshing. Hint of pear.

Flavor
It isn't very heavy, and it actually doesn't taste all that much like cider.  Its citrusy and tart with a hint of apple and pear.  The tartness is forward, the citrus at the finish. Very unique tasting beer, it tastes like Fall in a bottle. Its light, and I could see people liking this who don't even like beer (which explains why I keep hearing girls in the grocery store raving about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment