Friday, March 22, 2013

Double Take Amber Ale



Brewer's Notes: "At first sip this amber ale will grab a hold of your palate and snap your attention back.  This red-head boasts surprisingly confident aromas of sweet grain, effortlessly flirting with moderate hop flavors balanced by smooth alt for an ale sure to sweep you off your feet  When an ale is so memorable it makes you do a double take, you know its a head snapper!"

Overall Impression
On my routine visit to Vons, I noticed that this brand of beer was on sale for $5 a six-pack.  I'm always down to try something new, and you can't beat the price.  They also had Belgian white and a pale ale, I'm really quite tempted to try the Belgian.  As for this beer, it was alright.  Nothing special, but nothing horrible.  It has a little too much hops for my taste, but it wasn't unpleasant and it'll be a nice drink.  I don't regret buying it.

Alcohol by Volume: 5.1%

Color
Its a coppery brown with a hint of amber coloring.  Clear with light carbonation and white foam that sticks to the glass to two fingers.

Aroma
This has a very pleasant malt smell to it, and I can't explain it but it smells like an amber should.  Crisp and refreshing, it makes you want to drink it.

Flavor
Malt and hops on the front, smooth going down.  Slightly bitter, but no unpleasant after taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment