Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blue Moon Belgian-Style Pale Ale



Brewer's Notes: "Our interpretation of a pale ale is brewed with a touch of wheat for a smooth finish and Cascade hops for a subtle hop aroma.  We add a twist of orange peel and hibiscus for a well-rounded, balanced taste."

Overall Impression
I probably would not have bought this if it had not come in the variety pack, but I must say it was an enjoyable beer. It was smooth and refreshing but definitely had its own unique flavor to it. I would compare it to a light amber.  Tasty and refreshing, I would buy it again.

Alcohol by Volume: 5.4%

Color
A coppery, amber color.  Very pretty actually.  Clear, with little carbonation.  Not a lot of foam, sticks to 2 fingers.

Aroma
I can smell the hops and malt, along with an almost sweet and flowery scent.

Flavor
Carbonation is the first thing to hit the tongue, then a hint of malt and hops, and then it goes down easy.  It has a slight aftertaste, but I can't put my finger on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment