Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lost Coast Indica India Pale Ale

 

Brewer's Notes: "The India Pale Ale style was developed in the 19th century by British brewers for the troops and colonists living in India.  The ale was brewed extra strong and highly hopped to protect it on its long sea voyage.  True to the style, our Indica has a higher than average alcohol content (6.5% by volume) balanced by radical bittering from select hops.  The result is an ale worthy of its historical name while capturing its own distinctiveness."
Overall Impression
I was lucky enough to get this beer half off during a sale, so I had to try it! I was a bit surprised by the strong bitter taste of the hops which led to an initial dislike.  However, I'm sure those who enjoy a hoppy beer would enjoy this one.  It isn't bad, it just isn't my preference.  I'll still drink it ;) It gets a little less harsh after a few sips and definitely becomes more enjoyable.  I also appreciate creative labels!  I have also tried their Tangerine Wheat Beer which is delicious!

Alcohol by Volume: 6.5%

Color: Orangey golden honey color, slightly cloudy with no visible carbonation and a thin white head.

Aroma
Light & crisp.

Flavor
Bittery hops that linger with a semi-dryness. Nice carbonation that flows well over the tongue.  Gets smoother as you drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment