Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blue Moon Rounder Belgian Style Pale Ale



 
Brewer's Notes: "In the 1940s, Belgian-Style Pale Ales grew in popularity and were ordered by the round due to their balanced taste.  Our brewmaster's expression of this sessionable ale is crafted with hibiscus and orange peel for a hint of spiciness and touch of wheat for a smoother, rounder taste."
 
Overall Impression
This came in the Blue Moon variety 12-pack I bought.  I was really excited to try a new variety, and was looking forward to the hibiscus they mentioned in the description.  However, I wouldn't go into drinking this beer with that expectation; the only floral notes I picked up on were in the aroma.  This wasn't bad, but it was a little too hoppy for my taste.  It is well balanced though, not too much of an aftertaste and smooth on the tongue.  It gets easier and more pleasant after a few sips though, so I will definitely enjoy finishing it off!
Alcohol by Volume: 5.6%
Color: Dark and coppery, no visible carbonation unless agitated.  Thick, off-white head that sticks to 3 fingers.
Aroma
Floral and crisp with a hint of wheat.
Flavor
Hoppy with notes of citrus; lingers for awhile in the first couple sips.  Easy to drink, pleasant. Doesn't taste too different from the usual ale, though (in my opinion).

No comments:

Post a Comment