Thursday, April 4, 2013

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat



Brewer's Notes:  "Raspberry Wheat delivers the same smooth taste of Shock Top, with a hint of raspberry flavor. This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with essence of wild raspberry and hand-selected hops. It’s this combination that gives it its crisp and distinctive Shock Top taste, with its own flavorful twist. This unfiltered ale has a light-golden color and a smooth finish, and if you’re curious, it technically doesn’t, not count toward your daily fruit intake."

Overall Impression
You know, I haven't tried this beer up until now because I was slightly disappointed with some of the other flavors I had tried, such as the Honey Applecrisp.  However, a good friend of mine happened to have an extra one of these and let me try it.  It is delicious! I love it.  Definitely a "girly" beer, but it has a very unique taste that can make it a good change of pace from 'normal' beer.  I would highly recommend this one!  If someone had introduced me to this when I wasn't a big fan of beer (back a couple years) this would've converted me!

Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%

Color
Not completely clear, some nice carbonation.  Very little foam, and the little that does form after pouring disappears quicklys.  A nice orange / golden color.

Aroma
It smells very refreshing and pleasant with some fruity raspberry aromas followed by a nice crispness.

Flavor
A very tasty raspberry flavor throughout with a smooth, semi-crisp finish.  Feels very soft on the tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment