Monday, May 6, 2013

Blue Moon Blackberry Tart Ale


 
 
Brewer's Notes: "Crafted with the help of our fans, this limited release fills your summer days (& glass) with the taste of rich blackberries, a smooth malty sweetness, and a hint of refreshing tartness."

Overall Impression
This is very tasty and unique! It isn't too overpoweringly sweet or fruity but is a nice variation away from usual beer.  I nearly jumped up and down in the middle of the store when I noticed this new, limited release!  I bought a variety 12-pack for $12, and it was well worth it.  Although I enjoyed this beer, I don't think I could drink more than one or two at a time because of the sweet flavor. 

Alcohol by Volume: 5.8%

Color: Darker with a bronzy / coppery tinge with some amber.  Mostly clear with light carbonation and a thin off-white head.

Aroma
Crisp and slightly malty.

Flavor
Fruity blackberry with a slight tartness and smooth yet lingering tart and citrus finish.  Flirty light carbonation flits around the tongue in waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment